This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
As you can see from my physical books list, we have a trip coming up in a few months, so I spent a little more than I would have. But overall, I don’t think I did too badly. So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for July:
Audiobook Money Spent
Cocaine Blues by Kerry Greenwood Amazon Link iTunes Link $2.09
The Girls by Emma Cline Amazon Link iTunes Link 1 credit
Beside Myself by Ann Morgan Amazon Link iTunes Link $4.23
Physical Books Money Spent
Rick Steve’s Pocket London by Rick Steves Amazon Link iTunes Link$9.33
Rick Steve’s Italian Phrase Book Amazon Link $9.33
Into the Blue by Chanel Cleeton Amazon Link iTunes Link $6.79
Ebooks Money Spent
Ruined by Shiloh Walker Amazon Link iTunes Link $3.20 (Amazon credit)
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $22.95
- Audiobooks – $6.32
- Physical Books – $34.78
- Ebooks – $0
- Other – $22.95
- March Total: $64.05
- YTD: $539.34