This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for August:
Audiobook Money Spent
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris – 1 credit Amazon Link iTunes Link
As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from Making the Princess Bride by Cary Elwes Amazon Link iTunes
Royal Blood: A Royal Spyness Mystery by Rhys Bowen Amazon Link iTunes Link
As You Wish and Royal Blood were $4.23 together. My Audible receipt didn’t split them out, so I’m not sure how much each one was, but the total is fine.
Physical Books Money Spent
Just What I Needed by Lorelei James – Amazon Link iTunes Link – $5.98
Ebooks Money Spent
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $22.95
- Audiobooks – $4.23
- Physical Books – $13.97
- Ebooks – $0
- Other – $22.95
- March Total: $18.02
- YTD: $493.31