This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for April:
Also – No, you’re not seeing things. I don’t track pre-orders very well, so I managed to pre-order JR Ward’s The Beast in both e-book form and in hardback.
Ok, guys. I think I have a problem. I’ve never put this out in black and white before, and it’s really startling. I seem to just buy books without giving any thought to whether or not I’ll be able to read it ever, much less any time soon. So for May, I’m going to try to be more aware of what I’m doing. I’ve committed to reading all or at least mostly ARCs in May for the Clean Sweep May 2016 challenge anyway, so I’m going to try to stick with those and spend a lot less money. Obviously, my Audible membership is a monthly charge, and I’m certainly not going to cancel any pre-orders, but I have to curb this a little bit. I don’t have time to read all these books!
Audiobook Money Spent
Fire Touched by Patricia Briggs 1 credit
Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews 1 credit
Physical Books Money Spent
The Beast by J.R. Ward $17.94
Cravings by Chrissy Teigen $31.93
Ebooks Money Spent
The Beast by J.R. Ward $12.67
Her Secret, His Surprise $1.06
Ride Hard by Laura Kaye $6.41
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $22.95
- Audiobooks – $17.60
- Physical Books – $89.32
- Ebooks – $35.06
- Other – $22.95
- March Total: $164.93
- YTD: $432.16