This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for February:
Audiobook Money Spent
Staked by Kevin Hearne 1 credit
The last 4 were on one audio order totaling $18.03. The Audible receipt doesn’t break it down, so I don’t know how much the individual books were.
Physical Books Money Spent
None – $0.00
Ebooks Money Spent
A Fighting Chance by Shannon Stacey $2.13 (gift card)
Final Assignment by Linwood Barclay $2.13 (gift card)
Taking the Score by Kate Meader $3.20 (gift card)
Bulletproof by Avery Flynn $3.20 (gift card)
Radio Silence by Alyssa Cole 1.06 (gift card)
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $22.95
- Audiobooks – $20.16
- Physical Books – $0
- Ebooks – $11.72 – all on gift cards, so no actual money spent.
- Other – $22.95
- January Total: $54.83
- YTD: $106.51