The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2018!
Join Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for the 6th year of audiobook fun.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or just relaxing.
I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2018 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold 2 updates with giveaways. First update will be June 30th, 2018 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2018.
There has never been a better time for reading with our ears 🙂
reading challenge details:
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update in December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My level goal for 2018 is Binge Listener – 20-30 audiobooks. I love audiobooks. I listen to them constantly. In the car, exercising, cleaning the house, cooking, while I’m playing video games, while I’m shopping, while I’m working…. I always have my headphones in. In fact, headphones are one thing I will always buy the best I can afford. Since they spend so much time in my ears, I’m extremely picky about them.
I did a lot more podcast listening than audiobook listening last year, and I really missed my books. I’m looking forward to getting back into the audiobook groove this year.
Books Read for Challenge:
IQ by Joe Ide
Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen
Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey
City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong
Sprinkle With Murder by Jenn McKinlay
Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
The Chalk Man by CJ Tudor
Thrown by a Curve by Jaci Burton
Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by MC Beaton
The Girls by Emma Cline