The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2018!
Join Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for the 6th year of audiobook fun.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or just relaxing.
I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2018 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold 2 updates with giveaways. First update will be June 30th, 2018 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2018.
There has never been a better time for reading with our ears 🙂
reading challenge details:
- Runs January 1, 2018 – December 31, 2018. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2018 than you did in 2017.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update in June 30, 2018 and last update in December 15, 2018.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My level goal for 2018 is Binge Listener – 20-30 audiobooks. I love audiobooks. I listen to them constantly. In the car, exercising, cleaning the house, cooking, while I’m playing video games, while I’m shopping, while I’m working…. I always have my headphones in. In fact, headphones are one thing I will always buy the best I can afford. Since they spend so much time in my ears, I’m extremely picky about them.
I did a lot more podcast listening than audiobook listening last year, and I really missed my books. I’m looking forward to getting back into the audiobook groove this year.
Books Read for Challenge:
- IQ by Joe Ide
- Queen of Hearts by Rhys Bowen
- Dark Lake by Sarah Bailey
- City of the Lost by Kelley Armstrong
- Cherish Hard by Nalini Singh
- Sprinkle With Murder by Jenn McKinlay
- Bluebird, Bluebird by Attica Locke
- The Chalk Man by CJ Tudor
- Thrown by a Curve by Jaci Burton
- Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by MC Beaton
- The Girls by Emma Cline
- Staked by Kevin Hearne
- To Helvetica & Back by Paige Shelton
- A High-End Finish by Kate Carlisle
- The Woman in the Window by AJ Finn
- The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
- The Widow by Fiona Barton
- The Dime by Kathleen Kent
- The Last Mrs. Parrish by Liv Constantine
- Everything That Follows by Meg Little Reilly
- Disappearance at Devil’s Rock by Paul Tremblay
- The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
- Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney
- Books Can Be Decieving by Jenn McKinlay
- Pies & Prejudice by Ellery Adams
- The Perfect Mother by Aimee Molloy
- Death Below Stairs by Jennifer Ashley
- Due or Die by Jenn McKinlay
- Pecan Pies & Homicides by Ellery Adams
- Lemon Pies & Little White Lies by Ellery Adams
- Malice at the Palace by Rhys Bowen
- Breach of Crust by Ellery Adams
- Are You Sleeping? by Kathleen Barber
- The Word is Murder by Anthony Horowitz
- A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn
- Crowned & Dangerous by Rhys Bowen
- The Wife by Alafair Burke
- Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
- This Could Change Everything by Jill Mansell
- Scandal Above Stairs by Jennifer Ashley
- Beseiged by Kevin Hearne
- Scourged by Kevin Hearne
- A Double Life by Flynn Berry
- Book, Line, & Sinker by Jenn McKinlay
- Career of Evil by Robert Galbraith
- Royally Endowed by Emma Chase
- Lethal White by Robert Galbraith
- A Perilous Undertaking by Deanna Raybourn
- Under Her Majesty’s Secret Service by Rhys Bowen
- Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
- Benedict Cumberbatch Reads Sherlock Holmes by John Taylor
- Tart of Darkness by Denise Swanson
- A Treacherous Curse by Deanna Raybourn
- Asking for Truffle by Dorothy St. James
- A Study in Scarlet Women by Sherry Thomas
- A Dark & Twisting Path by Julia Buckley
- The Widows of Malabar Hill by Sujata Massey
- The Sleep Tight Motel by Lisa Unger
- Four Funerals & Maybe a Wedding by Rhys Bowen
- Agatha Raisin & The Wellspring of Death by M.C. Beaton
- Agatha Raisin & The Wizard of Evesham by M.C. Beaton
- Agatha Raisin & The Witch of Wyckhadden by M.C. Beaton
- Agatha Raisin & The Fairies of Fryfam by M.C. Beaton
- Agatha Raisin & The Love from Hell by M.C. Beaton
- A Conspiracy in Belgravia by Sherry Thomas
I’ve joined again this year as well. I don’t get to listen many other places than my car but I have a long commute. I also listen at about 1.25 – 1.5 speed to try and get in as much as I can. Speed normally depends on the narrator. So glad you’re participating again this year! I think a lot of people are picking up audios and they’ve become really popular!