The Audiobook Challenge is back for 2019!
Join Hot Listens and Caffeinated Reviewer for the 7th year of audiobook fun.
Audiobooks are great for those times you want to read but can’t for some reason like driving, doing chores, working out, or just relaxing.
I hope all those new and old junkies can join us once again for The 2019 Audiobook Challenge.
Listening has never been better! Thanks to the continued popularity of Audiobooks just about everything is being published on audio…YAY!
We will hold 2 updates with giveaways. First update will be June 30th, 2019 and the final update will be Dec 15, 2019.
There has never been a better time for reading with our ears 🙂
reading challenge details:
- Runs January 1, 2019 – December 31, 2019. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2019 than you did in 2018.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Updates plus a giveaway will be posted twice during the year. First update on June 30, 2019 and the last update on December 15, 2019.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
- Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
My level goal for 2018 is Marathoner: 50+ audiobooks. Last year, my goal was the Binge Listener level, and I ended up listening to more than 60. So this year, I’ll just go for it and make my goal more than 50. I love audiobooks. I listen to them constantly. In the car, exercising, cleaning the house, cooking, while I’m playing video games, while I’m shopping, while I’m working…. I always have my headphones in. In fact, headphones are one thing I will always buy the best I can afford. Since they spend so much time in my ears, I’m extremely picky about them.
I’ll keep a running list of the books I listen to for the challenge here.