This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for January:
Audiobook Money Spent
Hunted by Kevin Hearne 1 credit
Physical Books Money Spent
Ebooks Money Spent
The Mistake by Elle Kennedy $2.13 (gift card)
Irresistibly Yours by Lauren Layne $1.06 (gift card)
Game for Romance (Four Book Set) $1.06 (gift card)
The Fall of the Red Queen by Lexxi Callahan $1.06 (gift card)
Mycroft Holmes by Kareem Abdul-Jabbar $2.13 (gift card)
Her Secret Lover by Robin Covington $3.20 (gift card)
Pucked by Helena Hunting $1.06 (gift card)
Boiling Point by Tessa Bailey $4.27 (gift card)
Built by Jay Crownover $5.34 (gift card)
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $16.00
- Audiobooks – $2.09
- Physical Books – $12.28
- Ebooks – $21.31 – all on gift cards, so no actual money spent.
- Other – $16.00
- January Total: $51.68
- YTD: $51.68