This is a monthly feature for me to track my book spending. I don’t want to call this a budget, because I’m not really limiting the spending. Right now I’m more interested in just tracking how much I’m spending, not so much setting a certain amount to spend. So.. Here’s how I’m going to track it.
- Tracking will be done a monthly basis.
- Pre-orders will be tracked when the money is taken out of the account. Amazon pre-orders, for example, aren’t actually charged until they’re delivered, so a June release I pre-order in February will count for June, since that’s when Amazon will take the money.
- I currently have $30.80 in Amazon gift cards and $15.00 in Barnes and Noble gift cards. They’ll count toward the spending, but follow the same rules as above.
- I only have 2 Audible credits right now, but audiobooks will follow the same rules. The credits will be charged and count monthly, and any additional money I spend on Audible will count. But I won’t count credits used on books since the credits are counted when they hit my account.
So with no further ado, here’s my book tracking for March:
Audiobook Money Spent
$3.24 $4.20 $3.24
Physical Books Money Spent
Ebooks Money Spent
$1.06 (gc) $14.97 $5.34 $1.06 $1.06 $1.06 $1.06 $0.00
Other Money Spent
- Audible Membership: $22.95
- Audiobooks – $10.68
- Physical Books – $32.99
- Ebooks – $5.24 on gift cards, $20.38 cash (Far From True was partially on a gc, the rest cash)
- Other – $22.95
- March Total: $92.24
- YTD: $198.75