I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Perfect Bargain by Julia London
Published by Entangled Publishing: Lovestruck on June 30th 2015
Genres: Contemporary, Romance
Source: Entangled Publishing
Amazon, Barnes & Noble
American lass seeks brawny Scot...
As if being newly single isn’t brutal enough, Sloane Chatfield's friends are getting obnoxious about setting her up. When Sloane insists she's waiting for a certain sexy fictional Highlander to come along, her friends surprise her with a trip to Scotland to find her a new boyfriend. She’d rather have a root canal. But if she can find a Highland hunk to “break her heart” before her friends arrive…In a remote Highland village, Galen Buchanan is struggling to keep the family pub afloat. Everything is falling apart, he’s running out of money, and now there's an opinionated American lass parked at his best table, driving him mad. But then Sloane asks Galen to be her pretend Highland boyfriend...and offers him enough money to save the pub. It’s only for a few days, he figures. What's the worst that could happen?
I received this book for free from Entangled Publishing in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.
Sloane Chatfield needs a fake boyfriend. Short-term, just long enough to convince her meddling friends that she’s over her jerk of an ex and has moved on. Galen Buchanan is having trouble keeping his family pub afloat in his tiny little Scottish village of Gairloch. Sloan proposes and arrangement that will help both of them. She’ll pay him to pretend to be her boyfriend for a few days when her friends come to visit. Everybody wins. She gets to prove to her friends that she’s moved on, Galen needs some much needed cash to help with pub expenses.
This was a short, sweet romance. Galen and Sloane both fought so hard not to fall for each other, but the more time they spend together, the more they can’t help it. Sloane’s ex, Adam, told her he was breaking up with her because she was cold, putting all of the blame for their failed relationship on her. Galen often gives her a hard time about being uptight and emotionless, and every time he does, she can hear Adam’s voice in her head telling her the same thing. She wants to loosen up a little bit, but she doesn’t know how. And she really, really wants her meddling friends to leave her alone about it. Seriously, her friends were the worst! Under the guise of caring about Sloane and her love life, they were almost cruel to her. If that’s an accurate representation of what she was dealing with at home in Chicago, then it’s no wonder she had to go to Scotland to figure out who she was and find someone who could appreciate her for her and who she was, and not for who her family was or what they thought she could do for them.
And Galen was that someone. Once he looked past her buttoned up cardigans and always perfectly done top-knots, he saw a Sloane he hadn’t expected. She had no idea how to do any of the things she claimed to be able to do on his farm, but once she started, she refused to quit until she figured it out. She didn’t let not knowing something stop her from diving right in and giving it everything she had, and didn’t care when it ended with her sweaty, filthy, and exhausted. And the more Galen saw her letting her hair down and coming undone, the more he wanted her.
This was definitely more Sloane’s story than Galen’s. He was pretty settled in his life and his pub and wasn’t trying to change anything. He was a little closed off, a little sexist, a little… I wouldn’t say he was anti-American, but he had some preconceived notions about us, most of which were inaccurate. But Sloane was the one who found something she was looking for. She was the one who found her voice and exactly what she wanted, then went for it. All in all, this was a fun, light read from Julia London. I would definitely recommend it.
Error: Your requested Widget "text" is not in the "Widgets for Shortcodes" sidebar
- [do_widget_area footer_sidebar_1]
- [do_widget id="text-15"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_social_media_widget-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer_sidebar_2]
- [do_widget id="ubb_goodreads_shelf-3"]
- [do_widget_area footer_sidebar_3]
- [do_widget id="ubb_goodreads_shelf-2"]
- [do_widget_area global_announcement]
- [do_widget_area left_sidebar]
- [do_widget_area postmatic-email-header-area]
- [do_widget_area postmatic-email-sidebar-area]
- [do_widget_area prompt-comment-email-footer-area]
- [do_widget_area prompt-email-footer-area]
- [do_widget_area right_sidebar]
- [do_widget id="ubb_social_media_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="search-4"]
- [do_widget id="prompt_subscribe_widget-2"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_reviews-2"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_books_reviewed_counter-4"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_challenge_progress-2"]
- [do_widget id="recent-comments-4"]
- [do_widget id="categories-4"]
- [do_widget id="text-14"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_blogroll-3"]
- [do_widget id="image-3"]
- [do_widget id="twitter_timeline-4"]
- [do_widget_area widgets_for_shortcodes]
- [do_widget id="ubb_challenge_progress-3"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_challenge_progress-5"]
- [do_widget_area wp_inactive_widgets]
- [do_widget id="calendar-3"]
- [do_widget id="calendar-4"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-5"]
- [do_widget id="ubb_currently_reading-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-6"]
- [do_widget id="recent-posts-3"]
- [do_widget id="archives-2"]
- [do_widget id="qm_widget-3"]
- [do_widget id="enhancedtextwidget-2"]
- [do_widget id="enhancedtextwidget-3"]
- [do_widget id="text-11"]
- [do_widget id="image-2"]
- [do_widget id="polls-widget-2"]